ODBTP -- Features
- Uses a binary protocol instead of a text protocol to achieve the highest possible performance.
- Local ODBC support is not required on client machines.
- Multi-client servicing via threads or child processes.
- Remote access to all Win32-based ODBC 3 drivers.
- Public and private (reserved) connection pooling.
- Ideal solution for accessing MS SQL Server and MS Access databases from UNIX / Linux platforms.
- Client/Server support for file-based databases, such as MS Access and FoxPro.
- Supports all data types, including datatime, varchar(>255), nvarchar, ntext and bigint.
- Can execute UNICODE query text.
- UNICODE data processed with UTF-8 encoding.
- Remote data binding.
- Parameter-based queries, which are typically used for stored procedures.
- Forward-only, static, keyset and dynamic cursors.
- Next, previous, first, last, absolute, relative and bookmark row fetching.
- Row-level adding, updating, deleting, locking and unlocking.
- Read uncommitted, read committed, repeatable read and serializable database transactions.
- Can be used for mission critical applications.
- All ODBC and database related error messages are made available to the client for robust error reporting.